- Find a School
- School Members
- Associate Members
Home » Advocacy
Advocacy - Because unity is paramount!
Arguably the most important of responsibilities for the Ohio Alliance for Public Charter Schools is advocacy. OAPCS communicates the charter school message to elected officials, opinion leaders and the media. OAPCS is regularly engaged in behind-the-scenes strategic conversations about pending legislation, building awareness of public charter schools and working to support school choice for Ohio families.
How you can help:
- Straight Talk - arm yourself with information about Ohio's charter schools.
- Contact Your Legislator - lawmakers listen to voters.
- Write to your legislator
- Call your State Senator or House Representative - Your local state senator and state representative must hear from their constituents, whether they be a freshman member or a more seasoned veteran of the Ohio General Assembly. You can find your state senator and representative by entering your address.
- Understand the budget bill and its implications on charter schools
- Get Your School Involved - it is important for Ohio's charter schools to be represented.
- Contact Your Local Newspaper - keep your community informed.
- Stay Informed - register with OAPCS to receive up-to-date information on Ohio's charter schools.
Together, we can preserve choice for all parents, and give Ohio’s children the educational options they deserve.